HanDreamnet values the private information of customers and complies with
“Act on promotion of information and communications network utilization and information protection”.
HanDreamnet hereby informs you how the private information you provide is utilized and what measures are taken to protect private information through our private policy.
HanDreamnet will inform any amendment of private policy with a public announcement on the website (or individual notice).
This policy is effective from: May 20th, 2016.
- Private Information which HanDreamnet Collects
- HanDreamnet collects the following private information for purposes including but not limited to membership, consultation, service application and registration for seminars.
- – Collected items: Name, email address, phone number, mobile number, company name, department/position
– How information items are collected: Entry on the HanDreamnet website, written submission, email, application for an event and etc.
- Purpose of Collection and Utilization of Private Information
- HanDreamnet uses private information items that it collects for the following purposes.
- – Execution of service agreements and provision of content for such services
– Fulfilling requests from members including resolution of complaints and member management
– Announcement and provision of newsletters
- Terms of Owning and Utilizing Private Information
- HanDreamnet shall immediately discard any private information item when the originally intended purpose for collection and utilization is achieved.
- Procedure and method of discarding private information
- Basically without an exception, HanDreamnet shall immediately discard any private information item when the originally intended purpose for collection and utilization is achieved. Procedure and method of discarding private information are as following.
- – Procedure of discarding: A private information item that a customer entered for purposes such as signing up for membership is transferred to a separate database (a filing cabinet designated for the purpose in case of a printed document) after the original purpose is achieved, which shall be kept in our custody for a certain period before getting discarded in accordance with our internal policy or any grounds for protection of information based on related laws and regulation(Refer to terms of owning and utilizing private information). Private information items transferred to a separate database shall not be utilized for the purpose other than those for such custody based on related laws and regulations.
– Method of discarding: Private information items stored as an electronic file shall be deleted with the technology that eliminates any potential of restoration of such items. Private information items printed on paper shall be shredded with a shredder or burned.
- Provision of Private Information
- Basically without an exception, HanDreamnet shall not provide any private information item to any third party. The following cases shall be considered as exceptions.
- – When an agreement from the customer is obtained in advance and such provision of private information is done for compliance with any related law, or when an investigative agency makes a demand for such private information in accordance with legally defined procedures for the purpose of an investigation of a criminal case
- Commissioned Processing of Private Information
- HanDreamnet shall not commission processing of private information to a third party without an agreement from the customer. If any need for such commissioning arises, HanDreamnet shall notify the third party for the commissioning and details to the customer in order to obtain an agreement in advance.
- Rights of Customers and Their Legal Representatives and How to Exercise such Rights
- Customers and their legal representatives may view or edit private information items currently registered on the database of HanDreamnet, or request for withdrawal from the membership. HanDreamnet shall immediately take a required measure upon receiving such a request from customers and their legal representatives in the form of a phone call or an email to the private information personnel of HanDreamnet.
- Installing and Operating a Device for Automatic Collection of Private Information Items and Right to Deny Such a Device
- HanDreamnet installs and operates a cookie for the purpose of collecting private information items, which the customer may choose to deny.
- A cookie is a small text file that the server for operating HanDreamnet’s website sends to the web browser of the customer and is stored on the customer’s PC.
- A cookie enables faster web service environment by storing information such as preferences of the customer, and such information is referred to for improving services from HanDreamnet.
- – How to deny installation and operation of a cookie
- 1. Run Internet Explorer > “Tool” on the top menu > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings > Advanced
2. Run Google Chrome > “Settings” from the menu to the right > “Show advanced settings…” in the bottom > Privacy > Content settings… > Cookies
- Inquiries Regarding Private Information
- HanDreamnet has a dedicated private information department and personnel as following in order to protect private information of customers and resolve any complaint thereabout.
- – Private department: Marketing team
– Private information personnel: Park Seong-won, Department chief
– Contact information: 1661-6650 / email@example.com
- Customers may choose to any inquiry, request or complaint derived from their access to services from HanDreamnet to the private information department and personnel.
- HanDreamnet shall endeavor to fulfill and/or resolve such requests or complaint with the least delay possible.
Customers may contact the following organization for reporting any issue about breached private information or consultation thereabout.
- 1. Korea Internet Security Center (privacy.kisa.or.kr)
2. ePrivacy Mark Certifying Committee (www.eprivacy.or.kr)
3. Internet Crime Investigation Center, Supreme Prosecutors’ Office (www.spo.go.kr)
4. Cyber Terror Response Center, Korean National Police Agency (www.ctrc.go.kr)
- Measures to Secure Private Information
- HanDreamnet has implemented several security measures for protection of private information of customers. All private information items provided by customers are protected with security devices and equipment including a firewall. Also HanDreamnet limits the number of privacy information personnel and securely manages such information by regularly updating passwords and providing training to the personnel.